The Design and Engineering pathway prepares students for future career in a rapidly evolving industry. Through a unique curriculum covering a blend of computer aided drawing and design, 3-D modeling and printing, and robotics, students develop the skills required for jobs such as drafter, engineering technician, and design assistant. Additionally, with the support of our industry partners, students will gain invaluable exposure to the world of work and stay in touch with latest trends in the industry.
- Autodesk CAD
- Autodesk Revit,
- Autodesk Inventor
- EPA Certification
- Create 2D and 3D concept sketches to represent ideas
- Accurately interpret blueprints
- Solve a problem using an engineering design process
- Understanding CNC lathes, CNC horizontal milling and CNC vertical milling machine
- Implement continuous improvement in health, safety, security, and/or environmental practices.
- The “Work Ready” skills employers demand.
- Build a robot
- 3D print objects
- Design a dream home
To learn more, visit:
Engineering Job Descriptions (https://bit.ly/1DH0SLL)
9 Types of Jobs for Creative People (https://bit.ly/18qFXSI)
Three Types of Design Jobs - Youtube (https://bit.ly/2szllFw)
“The STEAM center has furthered my interest in a career as an aerospace engineer, which does not have a lot of women of color, and I want to change that!”
- Jadah Best
STEAM Center Student